Getting access - short version¶
Projects on both SNIC resources and locally funded resources are handled identically via SUPR.
- Join SUPR
- Join/apply for a project here https://supr.snic.se
- Approve the user agreement here https://supr.snic.se/person/
- Send a "account request" for each cluster you wish to use here https://supr.snic.se/account/
- Wait at least 1 working day
When you have your account, please also attend the introduction seminar, or read the slides
Locally funded resources¶
The locally funded resources we host are available to all researchers at Chalmers. Many departments have had their projected allocated already, and manage their members themselves via their selected Principal Investigators (PIs) in SUPR. Researchers should speak to their respective supervisor for access.
For those departments which not yet have any allocations, you should speak to your prefect who has been sent information.
We currently host one locally funded cluster:
Chalmers E-commons/C3SE is one of six centres in the national metacenter Swedish National Infrastructure for Computing. We provide supercomputer resources, funded by SNIC, to Swedish researchers.
Senior researchers at Swedish universities are eligible to apply for access and computer time on any SNIC systems hosted by us or any other SNIC center. An approved application from a principal investigator results in a "SNIC-Project" that in turn is assigned computer time allocations on one (or several) computer systems. All proposals are handled via the SNIC rounds in SUPR
We currently host the following SNIC systems
- Alvis - Cluster dedicated to AI and ML research
- Mimer - Flash based fast storage connected to Alvis
- Cephyr - CephFS based center storage connected to Alvis and Vera
- SSC - OpenStack cluster
Applying for and getting a project¶
If you are a senior researcher in Swedish academia you can apply for a SNIC-Project to get time allocations on SNIC supercomputer resources. The applicant of an approved Project is denoted Principal Investigator (PI). The PI must be employed at a Swedish university or university college (e.g., PhD student or higher) for the entire duration of the project.
All users must:
- Be registered in SUPR https://supr.snic.se. You can register with your SWAMID identity if you at Chalmers or many other Swedish universities.
- Approve the SNIC User Agreement in SUPR. You can use SWAMID federated identity to approve the UA digitally, or you can print the paper version to submit it via post and wait for it to be processed.
- You can beceoma a member in existing projects by either:
- Log in to SUPR and press "Projects" in the left-hand sidebar. There you can use "Requesting Membership in Projects" to request membership in a project. The PI of that project will then receive an email with information about the membership request. The PI will then approve or deny the request and you will be notified by email.
- The PI of the project can add you directly to the project. You will be notified by email.
- You can submit a proposal for one of the SNIC rounds
- Once you have obtained a project or become a member, you can apply for accounts on resources in the account page
Note: You do not have to be added to the project and you do not have to have your user agreement approved before you can request an account. However you will not get an account before your project membership and user agreement has been approved.
Note: Information is synced from SUPR regurlarly, but there is some delay before it appears on the clusters. Note: Events like new accounts and projects require manual approval step before they are created on the clusters.
- Why doesn't my CID work? - Everyone has to approve the user agreement and apply for an account for the specific resource through SUPR
- But SUPR doesn't list any possible account requests? - You must first join a project in SUPR
- I changed my SUPR password but I still can't log into to the cluster? - The password for SUPR doesn't affect the accounts on any cluster.
- I still can't log in. - SSH access is only granted within the Chalmers network. See this page for more information.
- I still can't log in! - Please contact C3SE support.