The main support channel is via the SUPR support form.
We also offer advanced support, with things like workflow improvement, data management techniques, workflow automation via scripting, using software development, profiling and troubleshooting tools, etc. This is not aimed at coding help, but at more efficient use of HPC resources. If you'd like to discuss with us if there are ways to work more efficiently, don't hesitate to contact us through the C3SE support queue.
On Wednesays 13:00-17:00 C3SE staff are available for consultation on HPC-related matters. We're in room O.5105B in the Origo building. Entry through Fysikgården 1 then up one floor and to the right (map).
If you have an "advanced" application specific question (unrelated to any specific compute resource), there is the SNIC application-support queue. This queue is typically used for application specific questions that the systems administrator is unable to answer (hypothetical example, "is this tuning parameter in that program really supposed to have this particular effect")
Keep in mind that since this is a national support queue, the support-personnel is spread out all over Sweden, making it crucial to follow the support request guidelines.
There is a SNIC Knowledge Base at http://snicdocs.nsc.liu.se/wiki/Main_Page
Different support queues
Depending on the nature of the support request, there are different queues to use. Only use if the support form at https://supr.snic.se/support can't be accessed.
- C3SE support This is where you normally send your requests. Use the normal C3SE support queue whenever you are experiencing problems with
- Anything that is directly or indirectly related to the underlying compute resource, including
- Hardware errors, unexpected crashes
- Problems with running/submitting jobs, software installation requests, problems with software installations
- Cluster software environment issues, getting started, feature requests...
- C3SE account-request Whenever you have a question or request which relates to handling user accounts (typically an account creation request).