Change of centre storage
We will replace our centre storage system Cstor (serving /c3se) with Cephyr (serving /cephyr). Home directories on Hebbe were moved during the CentOS7 update, and now home directories on Vera will follow as the next step.
Switching of home directory path on Vera
The Vera home directory path will be switched from
2020-03-17 at 10:00.
Jobs in the queue might be negatively affected by the transition if they rely on;
~ paths, or if it
relies on setting up job environments via your
There may be other corner cases as well where your scripts may fails.
$SNIC_NOBACKUP and all project storage paths are unchanged during this transition, but please remember that
we will be removing
You will need to update your scripts etc. and re-submit any jobs that fail during the transition.
New centre storage Cephyr (
- The new Vera home directory on Cephyr is
- Quota: 30GiB, 60k files (backed up), shared across Hebbe and Vera
- Quota is enforced directly by the operating system, i.e. jobs will be prevented from writing over the quota.
- There is and will be no personal NOBACKUP area on Cephyr. Additional storage beyond your home directory on Cephyr must be applied via storage projects! See https://supr.snic.se/round/storage/
- You can continue to use
C3SE_quotato see your available storage areas, current usage and limits.
Old centre storage Cstor (
- Old areas will remain accessible in the short term, allowing for time to move files over. Both old and new areas are already directly accessible from both all Vera and Hebbe machines.
- No automatic transfer of old data: users must move what they want to keep off the old area! (And please please delete stuff no longer needed!).
- Everything under
/c3sewill be removed later this spring.