The Glenn cluster is built on AMD Opteron 6220 (code-named "Interlagos") CPU's. The system consists of:
- In total 379 compute nodes (total of 6080 cores) and 18.1 TB of RAM. More specific:
- 224 compute nodes with 16 cores and 32 GB of RAM
- 135 computer node with 16 cores and 64 GB of RAM
- 13 compute nodes with 16 cores and 128 GB of RAM
- 1 compute node with 32 cores and 512 GB of RAM
- 4 compute nodes with 16 cores, 32 GB of RAM and 1 NVidia Fermi M2050 GPU
- 2 compute nodes with 16 cores, 32 GB of RAM and 1 PCoIP adapter for remote graphics
There are also 3 system servers used for accessing and managing the cluster.
There's a Gigabit Ethernet network used for logins and file system access, a dedicated management network and an Infiniband high-speed/low-latency network for parallell computations. The nodes are equipped with Mellanox ConnectX-2 QDR Infiniband 40Gbps HCA's.
The server and compute node hardware is built by Supermicro and delivered by South Pole.